Sunday, December 26, 2010

$$ Sexy Banker $$


I met the most amazing guy on the plane (yes, again...)...kind, funny, sexy, sweet. Didn't live with his parents. Financially solvent. Had his own apartment...

So of course I was excited when he asked me out for a coffee the next time I was in town.

No fool I, after Mojito, I had my friend run a background check on him. No kids. Good job. And most importantly...no spouse. Looking good...

Before our date, I went and got a manicure. Light pink or bright red? I was leaning towards the bright red, but figured that he was probably more conservative, so opted for the light pink.

During our coffee, we had a terrific time-- he was so easy to talk to, so handsome, everything just flowed. He mentioned how some friends of his were going to the gay club that night for Halloween, and had invited him along. And then he leaned over and said, "Do you have a lot of gay friends?" And I said, "Yes, of course," and he said, "Good-- I'm gay."

Oh my God.

How could I not have seen this coming? How had my legendary gaydar failed me?!

And then I was delighted-- what's better: a crappy date that would go nowhere or my new best male gay/ friend consort to squire me to clubs and show me all the fun places?

AND he would appreciate the bright red.

No comments:

Post a Comment